Sunday, February 4, 2018

Bacha Bazi

After reading this article, it just makes me sick to know about the things going on in other countries. No one can do anything about the torture those boys go through every day, some of them even have to dress as girls just to get away from that abuse but still run in fear of being caught again and having the same thing done to them. There are people from America and other countries that go over to Afghanistan and knowing about this just have to sit there and not do anything about it. It is a custom to be able to do this to those men and it just bothers me that there is nothing we can do about it. It takes all of their freedom away, it disgusts me how people can find enjoyment in doing things like this.

There a lot of different places I could put myself in for this. If I was in the place of people from other countries that go over to Afghanistan, I would feel disgusted, very bothered, and just sick to my stomach. Being over there and knowing that this was going on right before my eyes, I would try to do anything to somehow get it to stop. If I were in the place of the men that this is happening to, I do not even have a clue how I would feel. Very violated, afraid, angry. I would be full of mixed emotions.

It’s terrible the things that other people have to go through in other countries, it makes me feel very lucky to live where I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment