Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Radical Experiment

Starting out in the video, it was super confusing and I had no idea what he was getting to or what the point of the video was. I eventually started to realize that he was talking about how countries feel because of what other countries do to them. For example, when he talked about how China came over in search of coal and shipped it back to China and became wealthy, while back over in the United States we were all in poverty and despair. The whole point is basically empathy. You need to put yourself in someone else's shoes and see things from their point of view. I really started to understand it when he started talking about Arab-Muslims. It is the same thing with oil in their country like it was with coal and our country. They are in need in another country's resources that they can't get so their country goes down hill because they can't get it. Like with the United States, we needed coal but China took it so our country went down hill. It's all about empathy, sometimes it is hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes though. The quote, "One country's terrorist is another country's freedom fighter", I really agree with that. The United States military is going to other country's for wars and to that country we are the terrorist but we think it's okay because those people are fighting for our country's freedom then whenever someone comes to the United States and sets off bombs or whatever we consider them a terrorist; however they are just doing the same things we do, trying to fight for their country. It is sometimes really hard for me anyway, to put myself in another person's place and that's something I need to work on. The best example I can think of is with my siblings and the rest of my family. The frustrate me and anger me easily and I probably don't handle it in the best way, which instead I should think of how they feel and understand from their perspective. Lastly, I see myself fitting into society by just being a helpful person and being there for people.

1 comment:

  1. In the future you will understand how your siblings helped you fit in the big picture.

    ReplyDelete